Monday 27 February 2012

The Vow

Titanic, The Notebook, Gone with the Wind, and Dear John all those movies are some of the greatest love stories ever told and now you can add The Vow to that list. Staring the Notebooks Rachel McAdams and Dear John’s Channing Tatum, both make romantic movies worth seeing. The Vow is based on the true story of Kim and Krickitt Carpenter.

A horrific car accident puts Paige Collins into a coma, when she finally does wake up she is suffering from severe memory loss. She wakes up not knowing who her husband Leo Collins is and he has to fight with everything he has to win her heart back. The Vow opened at number one in the box office with 15.4 million only on opening day and made 42.1 million on opening weekend. It was also the first movie in 2012 that crossed the 100 million mark. The much anticipated movie did not fail to impresses.

Romantic movies are not something I go and watch, but this movie was requested by a follower and so I saw it. I was blown away at how much I enjoyed it, at how much it touched my heart. Tatum and McAdams both deserve recondition for their work in this movie, they really made me believe in the characters, I wanted her to remember him...I wanted her to love him. I really hope that the Carpenter’s loved the movie and their portals because I believe that Tatum and McAdams did them justice.

The chemistry between McAdams and Tatum was mind blowing, the most important thing about two actors having to play a couple is the chemistry they have together and these two pulled it off. I felt the love that Leo had and need that Paige felt. I never rooted for a couple the way I did for them and shows how real they were on that screen.

It’s a love story you need to watch, it’s going to be a huge mistake to skip on this movie. It’s a great date night movie, but see it with a friend too just don’t miss out. I promise it will not be a waste of time, remember this is coming from someone who doesn’t enjoy romantic movies. Warning, if you are going to see this movie do yourself a favor and bring tissues.

No comments:

Post a Comment